Rainbow Parade / 19 June 2021
Despite its relaxed, party-like atmosphere, the Rainbow parade is an important political demonstration for the right of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer people. Thus HOSI Vienna is making an appeal to all participants and viewers to show their concerns with banners, t-shirts etc!
On 19 June 2021 the Viennese Pride Parade will pass along Wiener Ringstrasse the for the 25th time. Lesbian, gay, bi, straight, trans, cis, inter and queer people will march for acceptance, respect and equal rights in Austria, Europe and around the world.
This year, the parade will take place without vehicles, i.e. on foot, by wheelchair or bicycle, thus returning to its roots. All participants must comply with the COVID-19 regulations in force on the day of the parade. We recommend wearing an FFP2 mask regardless.
from 1 p.m.
from 5 p.m.
The participating groups will gather on Saturday, 19 June 2021, from 1 p.m. near the Rathausplatz (City Hall Square).
The Pride Parade starts at 2 p.m. and moves along the Ringstrasse in the opposite direction of traffic. The front of the parade is expected back at Rathaus at about 5 p.m..
The final rally with speeches by activists and politicians will take place from 5pm at Rathausplatz. During the rally, there will also be the moment of remembrance, where we pause for a minute to remember those people who can no longer be with us because they have died from HIV/AIDS or have been victims of a hate crime because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Livestream from the final rally:
The Pride Parade is a demonstration for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) people. Everyone is allowed to take part in the parade as long as their contribution fits the theme of the demonstration – feel free to be in costume or to bring your own small music box.
- Participation in the Pride Parade is participation in a political demonstration within the meaning of the Assembly Act.
- Participation in the parade is at your own risk. Liability of the organiser for any damage is excluded.
- The applicable COVID regulations or laws must be complied with.
- Pursuant to § 13 Abs. 10 Ziffer 3 of the current COVID-19-Öffnungsverordnung, the following applies to outdoor demos:
- 1m distance between non-household persons.
- We recommend to wear a FFP2 mask at the pride parade and the closing rally.
- Violation of the applicable COVID regulations or laws can lead to exclusion from the demonstration. We ask you to follow the instructions of the security guards.
- The commercial serving of alcohol in and around the demonstration is prohibited by the authorities and will be reported by the police. Participants are requested to bring their own food, especially water.
Currently, the weather forecast for 19 June is for a sunny day with up to 34 °C. We strongly recommend
- wearing a headgear,
- using a sunscreen and
- drinking enough water.
If you see someone who appears to be unconscious or has problems with blood pressure, talk to the person, offer help, call the ambulance (144).
It is permitted to participate
- by foot
- by foot in a group
- by wheelchair
- with roller blades or inline skates
- (electric) bicycle, also cargo bike, rickshaw, tandem
- (electric) pedal scooter
It is prohibited to participate with
- (electric) moped
- (electric) motorcycle
- (electric) car